Search This Blog

A little place for all things I ♥ paper crafts, crochet, running, afterschooling, preschooling, sewing, quilting, fhe, reading, parenting, loving, creating, fixing, writing, scrapbooking, "autism"-ing, giving, wishing, hoping, sharing....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Guardian Angel Bags

Guardian Angel Bags


So this year, for our first FHE we came up with resolutions as a family that we could accomplish this year to bring us closer to Christ. We made a list of 12 things we could do as a family. On that list Luke (4yo) had added he wanted to do something special for our soldiers overseas. (He sure loves our soldiers!)

So upon searching online I found Operation Angel.

A military wife and mom of 2 started taking her daughters to visit the wounded soldiers in a Germany hospital. Operation Angel was born.
She designed these fun little bags that I knew were perfect for my kiddos to be able to help me with. They don't require too much thinking, or prep work, just email her and she provides the templates for the bags.
The kids had a blast making them.


Such a great idea!

A word to the wise... when sending to an APO, I suggest getting a large priority mail flat rate box and stuffing it as full as humanly possible. Sending 10 bags from Utah was $10 in an envelope. The large 70lb allowable flat rate box is only $12.

They are always looking for donations and help with the bags.

"All give some. Some give all."

During the holidays, they also have organized Project Rudolph which brings Christmas Cheer to our servicemen and servicewomen.

"I am only One, but I am One.
I cannot do everything,
but I can do something.
And I will not allow what I cannot do
to interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale





No comments:

Post a Comment